Thursday, April 7, 2016

F Is For Frinkiac: Or, Where's My Elephant? - #AtoZChallenge

One of my favorite episodes featured Bart's radio contest prize - Stampey.

Frinkiac is the time-suck that no one should be without. Even if you don't love everything about the Simpsons, there's probably a quote that pretty much sums up at least one fragment of your life. Now you can match the quote to the screenshot!

Frinkiac

When I was Bart's age, I didn't want an elephant, I wanted a pony. Desperately. I would just DIE if I didn't get one. The split rail fence in the yard, along with a blanket and jump rope, provided the riding experience I'd need. Feeding him? Why, I'd just walk him around and let him graze in neighborhood yards. People would pay ME for the convenience of not having to mow. Clean up the poop? Of course I would. I already had to use a shovel behind Mr. 80lb, Eats-Everything-And-Sh*ts-Out-Twice-As-Much Dog. 

Sadly, my parents were pretty much immune to bribes, pathetic begging and veiled threats. ("I'll run away!" "Not with my good suitcase, you won't. You want to run away, you'll use a paper grocery bag.")

Now I am all grown up. (Really.) I still want a pony. But having passed Basic Mathematics and Economics 101, it has come to my attention that I would have to get a second job (maybe even a third) to support an equine family member. So I have settled for riding lessons, renting trail horses by the hour, and groveling at the feet of those who actually own horses and are charitable enough to let me hang around. 

I rode an elephant once, at a zoo expo, and it was a lot of fun. If any of you happens to own an elephant, let me know.  I'll walk him and clean up poop in exchange for riding time...
 

5 comments:

  1. My sister Sophie recommended your blog and I am so glad I came. Your style is brilliant - makes me smile a lot. I'm afraid, however, I do not have an elephant.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No elephants here, either, sorry, although there some lovely ones just down the road from me at the local Wildlife Park.

    I always wanted a horse when I was little as well, but, considering I have lived most of my life in the country, the number of times I've been on a horse is surprisingly low. I do have photos of me riding cows when I was a toddler, though!
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles | Wittegen Press | FB3X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Friniac probably because I don't watch the Simpsons - but it sounds a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have an engaging style of writing, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. play bazaar
    I always wanted a horse when I was little as well, but, considering I have lived most of my life in the country, the number of times I've been satta Matka on a horse is surprisingly low. I do have photos of me riding cows when I was a toddler, though!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete